Join our Promise Team to help enroll families in preschool!
Cincinnati Preschool Promise Outreach Team Member
Cincinnati Preschool Promise seeks team members to join the Promise Team to support
enrollment and community engagement efforts. This individual will be a contractor who will
recruit families to join the participating Cincinnati Preschool Promise programs. The individual,
will generate demand and excitement for high-quality Preschool, and inspire community leaders and
organizations to promote the Cincinnati Preschool Promise. The team member will focus
on enrollment for community-based preschool programs, including family childcare providers.
• All seats in participating community-based Cincinnati Preschool Promise providers are
filled, based on Cincinnati Preschool Promise resources.
• Preschool enrollment increases throughout community-based early childcare providers.
• Qualified families enroll their 3- and 4-year-old children in high-quality preschools.
• Families who do not have their children in a preschool enroll in a program.
• Families understand their options for high-quality preschool.
• Families and the community understand the value of high-quality preschool for children
and, ultimately, for improving educational attainment and workforce development in the
• Families with children under the age of 3 begin to learn about Preschool and the
importance of choosing high quality programs for their children.
• Families with young children recognize Cincinnati Preschool Promise as a trusted brand
for preschool support.
• Families of Preschoolers: Families with 3- and 4-year-old children are able to enroll their
child in the Preschool Promise. Currently, just over a quarter of Cincinnati families do
not enroll their child in Preschool, while another quarter choose Preschool programs that
are not designated as high quality.
• Families of Children under 3: Families with children under age 3 or 4 are potential future
Preschool Promise families. It is important that they know about the Preschool Promise
and are inspired to join when their child or children turn 3.
• Places Families Frequent: Places where families live their day-to-day lives (grocery
stores, laundromats, restaurants, hair salons, faith-based organizations, churches,child
care centers, etc.) are important partners that can spread the word about the Cincinnati
Preschool Promise. These local businesses are key to increasing the visibility of the
Cincinnati Preschool Promise and they can provide non-traditional and creative
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITES
The Promise Team Member shall work 20 -30 hours a week on the following items; under the
direction of the Outreach & Enrollment Manager.
1. Staff community outreach efforts
o Attend community events
o Host tables at identified community organizations
o Canvass neighborhoods
2. Map and identify community assets in target area
o Identify community resources (churches, community centers, libraries, etc.)
o Identify businesses that can be partners
o Identify events to attend to recruit families and share informationabout
o Identify key influencer
3. Work with Outreach and Enrollment Manager to establish and implement recruitment
and enrollment plans
o Develop neighborhood “on-the-ground” plans
o Plan recruitment efforts that are population-specific and targeted
o Schedule neighborhood information forums with keyinfluencer’s
o Conduct weekly “reviews” and share reports with the Outreach & Enrollment
4. Attend required training provided by the Cincinnati PreschoolPromise
5. Meet regularly with the Outreach and Enrollment Manager and the Marketing &
Community Engagement Manager to ensure recruitment & enrollment plan isbeing
6. Provide input to the Marketing & Community Engagement Manager on appropriate
placement of messaging specific to the target neighborhood
7. Identify existing community events that the Preschool Promise can participate in to help
promote Preschool Promise messages
8. Help plan and staff Cincinnati Preschool Promise events for families in partnership with
the Cincinnati Preschool Promise staff (event costs will be funded by the Cincinnati
• English language fluency; bilingual in Spanish a plus
• Customer service or management experience
• Experience handling sensitive and confidential inquiries
• Ability to manage customer relations with a high-level of customer service
• Cultural competency and ability to interact with people of all backgrounds
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Enthusiasm for the Cincinnati Preschool Promise mission of helping familiesaccess
high-quality, affordable preschool for their children
START DATE: February 2020
HOURS: 15-30 hours per week, flexible schedule
To apply: Please send a resume & references to Florence Malone at
Categorized in: News